Thursday, May 19, 2011

Atomage

You may recall my Avengers Stage Play post a few day's ago and in my research I found the name John Sutcliffe , who designed the outfits and also was responsible for the publication of a magazine in the 1970's and 80's called Atomage ..In fact John also ran a workshop  around the time Cathy Gale and Emma Peel were in the show and his  , so he may of created some costumes for some of the evil henchwomen that appeared in the show .
I've chosen to post a few images from the front covers of the magazine , that I personally liked much of the content though is a bit freaky deaky in its gimpishness for my taste but each to there own , without this mag  I imagine the 70's could of been seriously drab for anyone who has an appreciation for such things, John himself did alot for womens leather fashions having created gear especially for ladies since the late 1950's after discovering there was nothing on the market for pillion passengers of motorcycles having discovered this from personal experience  .. John would also go onto designing Marianne Faithfuls iconic catsuit in the movie Girl on a Motorcycle ...
For a more comprehensive bio and lots of pics from Atomage  check out these sites http://www.atomage.co.uk/and http://home.flash.net/~numatic/aacover3/aacover3.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment